This article has some very good points to help ease the fear of death.
A Necessary Conversation envelopes the majority of these recommendations, and I feel, the only way through the fear of death, it to walk through it while one explores the emotions, empowers the medical choices and enriches the relationships in ones lives. Taken together, the "3-E's" can help ease the fear of death, dying and grief.
Here's a snapshot of the 9 tactics that are provided in the attached article:
1. Use the fear of death as motivation to lengthen your life by practicing healthy habits.
2. Get older and become less fearful.
3. Open up to gratitude.
4. Create a legacy.
5. Keep your purpose top of mind.
6. Express your creativity.
7. Let the knowledge of death help you appreciate the sweetness of life.
8. Find social support and talk about your anxieties.
9. Indulge in a little death humor.